In these times of Covid-19, in accordance with guidelines set out by PHE and my professional body the Institute of Osteopathy, some pre-appointment questions will be provided either on appointment booking notifications or via email, to ensure that a face to face appointment is suitable.
You will be asked to confirm that:
1) You have not tested positive for Covid-19 in last 10 days
2) You don't currently have any symptoms of Covid-19 such as shortness of breath, cough, changes to taste/smell
3) You do not share a household with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days
4) You haven't knowingly been in contact with anyone who is positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days, or has symptoms listed above
5) You are socially distancing as per UK Government guidelines
6) You have not recently returned from an area of the UK that is currently under regional lockdown, or from a country overseas that is on the UK quarantine list and you have been advised to self-isolate for 14 days
I will also need to inform you of, and obtain your consent for, the following:
1) I will be wearing PPE and you will need to be okay with that
2) I have undertaken necessary risk assessment to identify areas of potential risk and implement strategies to reduce this risk as much as humanly possible; stringent Infection control procedures will be in place i.e. 15 minute gaps in between patients to thoroughly clean all aspects of the treatment room and reduce risk of contamination; please arrive on time and not early to avoid crossover in the communal areas; wash your hands on arrival; please wear a face to and during the appointment.
ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT SAFELY
We also need your help, to help us control risk - please adhere to the following guidelines for attending your appointment:
1. Please do not attend your appointment if you or anyone in your household is experiencing a fever, continuous cough, flu-like symptoms or have noticed a recent change to your smell or taste - since the appointment was originally booked.
2. When you arrive, your practitioner will be wearing PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required by Public Health England, their professional body and their insurers, and by our centre’s Covid-19 Infection Control Policy.
3. Please do not arrive early for your appointment to reduce any waiting time inside.
4. Please come alone, unless you are the parent of the child being treated, or need a chaperone or translator. Anyone else will be asked to wait outside.
5. Please wear a mask for the appointment.
6. Please wash your hands in the bathroom sink as soon as you arrive.
7. The clinic may not have a receptionist at this time.
8. The bathroom facilities will remain open, we ask that if you need to use them while attending, please as per the sign on the bathroom wall, wipe down the toilet seat, and anything else you may have touched such as flush and door handle. Appropriate spray and paper towels are provided.
All osteopaths in the UK are regulated by the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC). The GOsC is the statutory body responsible for the professional, similar to that of the General Medical Council for the medical profession. It is a criminal offence for an individual to claim to be an osteopath who is not registered with GOsC.
We are compliant and registered with GDPR.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
2. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
4. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services and email notifications if applicable; and
5. any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal data
1. administer the website;
2. enable your use of the services available on the website;
4. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.